First semester as a tenure-track professor begins!

In the wake of the busiest Spring and Summer of my life, it appears that I have neglected to inform this blog of a major change to my academic life: I have accepted a position as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at North Carolina State University! The semester just started yesterday; I taught my first Ph.D. seminar class on Generative Methods.

At NCSU I am joining an active Games research community with colleagues Dave RobertsTiffany Barnes, and -- as a result of his move this summer from UCSC -- Arnav Jhala. These folks also have very active research programmes in in learning technology (Barnes), visual narrative (Jhala), and dog cognitive science (Roberts) (yes, you read that right) (dognitive science?). I also have a number of new colleagues doing research in Software Engineering, HCI, and AI topics that overlap with my PL, tool design, and logic interests, so I'm excited about learning more!

Once I get my research priorities established and a webpage set up, I'm going to be actively recruiting Ph.D. students, so keep an eye out for that post.

Comments

  1. I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DOG COGNITIVE SCIENCE THANK YOU. ASKING FOR A DOG. I MEAN FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's their webpage! http://ciigar.csc.ncsu.edu/research/canine

      Delete
    2. https://cdn-img-2.wanelo.com/p/682/33c/274/7df678cc72a7e860d06a2d7/x354-q80.jpg !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading academic papers while having ADHD

Using Twine for Games Research (Part II)

Using Twine for Games Research (Part III)